CareWire Patient Text Messaging Service
We offer a text messaging service to our patients to support their care. The service sends a series of automated text messages to patients with text-enabled phone numbers from the time their procedure is scheduled through two days post-procedure. Specific messages include:
- Program announcement (first message) that provides information on why the patient is receiving text messages and how to opt-out of the program.
- Procedure date notification.
- Link to mobile web to prompt the patient to complete our medical history (One Medical Passport) program.
- Notification of any estimated amount due on the day of service.
- Arrival time notification and reminders on what to bring on the day of the procedure (e.g., adult driver, photo ID and insurance card).
- Logistics such as our address and parking instructions.
- Reminder regarding specific NPO guidelines.
- Rapid patient satisfaction question (two days post-procedure) asking the patient to rate the overall care that they received based on a 0-10 scale.
Messages have been crafted to ensure that they are HIPAA compliant. All patients up to age 74, or parents of minors, with a text-enabled phone number will receive messages. Our nursing staff will continue to actively engage with every patient prior to their procedure. The texting service will support and reinforce the verbal instructions given by our nursing staff during the pre-operative call. All patients have the ability to opt out of receiving test messages.